Saturday, January 31, 2009

10 Honest Things

I've been tagged to tell you 10 honest things about myself...And for the record, this is the third one I've done in the past two weeks. I completed the "25 random facts" and "45 questions" on Facebook. I love these types of things, especially when I have 10 million other things to do and they help me to procrastinate. To avoid repeating myself, I will try to write 10 NEW honest things, so you don't get bored. And, the best part is you can read all three and have a triple dose of me! I'm not so sure that's a good thing...but here goes:

1. I keep everything - invitations, cards, notes, menus, programs...you name it. And I LOVE to go back and read through them.

2. I am a blog stalker - I am obsessed with reading blogs. I keep up with complete and total strangers through blogs and I truly get emotionally attached.

3. While I am good with technology (or at least I like to think so), I hate trying to figure things out. And I hate it when things change... like I just downloaded the latest version of iTunes, and I don't get it all. And now, I don't want to spend the time to figure it out - what a waste when I had become an expert with the old version I had! The same is true with cell phones... I don't want some complicated phone like a BlackBerry. I have an old Nokia (and will never own any other brand if I can help it) and it has a hard time charging now because I've dropped it so many times - like once a day - and so many pieces have broken off, but I fear getting a new phone in 2 months because I'll have to figure out how it works - ugh!!

4. Speaking of change... I hate it. Period.

5. I hate the way my fingers/nails feel after they've been filed. My fingernails grow really fast and are fairly strong, so I can go like 2 months without cutting them - and I do because I hate the idea of filing them! I don't even really like it when the "professionals" do it, but they get it done a lot faster than me, so I'll take it!

6. I love to play games. My absolute favorite is Catchphrase (especially with Brittany - on the same team of course!) and Apples to Apples. I also like playing Dominoes with the fam at the beach.

7. My first year of teaching was great in the classroom - I STILL miss those kids. They were great! However, outside of the classroom... it was horrible!!! I watched my mom lose her best friend (who was my second mom while I was growing up) and continue to take care of her family since they were in the aftermath of a house fire. I had TWO gum graft surgeries that were not covered by insurance... not even one penny! I severely sprained my foot AT school... on crutches for 4 weeks and in a walking boot for 7 weeks - yuck. I lost my grandmother.

8. I love to cooking and try making new things. I love collecting recipes from people and magazines... if I find a good recipe in a magazine that's not mine (like at a doctor's office), I will totally rip it out. Yes, I am the reason you couldn't finish that great story in the 3 month old People magazine at the doctor's office. ;)

9. I have some incredibly strange allergies. Apparently, I grew into them in the last several years. I am supposed to go for allergy shots, but I gave up. I have also discovered that I am allergic to wool, which required me to throw out half of my winter wardrobe this year - including my nice wool coat that I have yet to replace. Annoying!!!

10. I like to sing and I know the words to a lot of songs. My favorites are country songs. However, don't be surprised if you change the radio station to Christian - I'll know those... or oldies - I'll know those... or pop - I'll know those... or rap - who knows? I might even know some of those!!

I am tagging Ashley (haha) and Terri Leigh.

No comments: