I spent all day yesterday cleaning things around my house - cleaning out drawers and organizing the things I'd already unpacked, and unpacking more boxes. I think I only have 5 left - and I have to wait until I have somewhere to put those things, so it will be a while. Today, I drove with my mom to swap mattresses with Kay, so needless to say, I'm sick of cleaning and too tired, although I desperately need to vacuum. However, I'm not going to - I'll update instead.
Things around my house are really coming together. My den is all in order except one last thing (again, I just don't feel like doing it tonight). My kitchen needs work, but that's a matter of time... it will require me purchasing things or moving things around, so it's as good as it's going to get right now. The dining room is great, but I can't wait to get my next paycheck because I really want to buy some of those cute lampshades for my chandelier. The living room is another room that will take time - because I am waiting on a slipcover for the sofa, and I need to purchase some other pieces of furniture before it will be finished. Since I got the matress for the "teal room" today, it is pretty much finished. I worked on making it presentable this weekend, so it looks like a real guest room now, and is ready for guests! The "pink room/craft room" needs me to finish organizing things, but it is presentable and ready for guests. It's just not usable as a craft room yet. And my room won't be complete until I have my armoire back, but that probably won't be for a while. I'd also like to purchase another piece of furniture for my room, but I'm not quite sure what yet. And of course, every room needs pictures to be hung - I was waiting to get furniture placed and such, and every room needs curtains. I already have them for my room and my kitchen, but I have to figure out what to do in the living room/dining room and the den. I don't think I'll do anything in the guest rooms - the two windows in each room aren't the same so I think curtains would look dumb. SO, that's the latest there. When I have another free day, I'll take pictures so you can actually see what I'm talking about and see the "transformation".
I have had several people ask me lately if I'm lonely in my house all by myself. I have to be honest and tell you that a small piece of me is very lonely. However, another piece of me is really enjoying the peace and quiet and privacy! I definitely miss my mom and the conversations we would have while sitting in the kitchen or dining room and the time we spent together watching our shows. And the thing I miss the most is food! Haha, I've eaten at my house, but I haven't really cooked... part of it is because I have a gas stove and I'm afraid of it, but another reason is that I haven't been home and hungry enough to really cook a meal. Maybe one night this week it will happen. I HAVE been home to eat a meal though and I think that's when I get lonely... I used to eat with 3 other people, so sitting at a table by myself is certainly different. I've also gotten when I've been unpacking and I've found various things from when I lived with Brittany... man, I miss that girl!! Yesterday, I found the fruit pictures that used to hang in our kitchen, and I almost started to cry (don't worry, I didn't). I'm reminded of her everyday when I go to put something in my dishwasher because it is exactly like the one we had in Auburn, and we always unloaded it together. I miss having someone help me to do that! I also unpacked other pictures that reminded me of my time at Auburn, and I just got sad. I miss those days and times... they were so much fun and I was truly blessed to find the friends that I did while I was there. However, life goes on as I have learned (the hard way) and I must continue to live the life that God has laid out for me. I believe that He has plans for me, and I just have to trust that He will blow me away when I am blessed to discover these plans. In the meantime, I am praying that He will bless this time that I have to myself and that I will continue to blossom and grow during this time of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Let's see, I've been in my house since July '07 and I still have unpacked boxes neatly hidden in a closet. I still have things to hang up and things I want you buy. I think it will always be like that...always looking for ways to improve my home. But it sure is fun! I LOLed about the gas stove part and that you are afraid of it. Actually, I lied, I didn't LOL because I'm at work and that would be weird. But my heart definitely LOLed! And I miss you too! Auburn days were the best days. There is something probably every day that reminds me of my days in Auburn and it makes me sad. Since you have your own room at my house...I need to come claim my own room at your house. Love you to the moon and back!
Post a Comment