Monday, January 5, 2009

Delayed

Once again, I apologize for my delay in posting anything recently. I am hoping to get back into this. As I was expressing the other day, I have so many things I would LOVE to blog about, but I have to be careful because it usually has to do with someone other than me, and that would be BAD if they somehow came across this. So for now, I'll post the positive and be VERY vague when referring to those annoying people.
It is so hard for me to believe that it is 2009. What happened to 2008?! It seems like just yesterday that I sprained my foot, stood by a dear friend as she got married, attended my grandmother's funeral, had my second gum surgery, went to Macon and Sarasota, worked band camp, attended numerous high school football games, struggled with a very special student, and bought a house! Ridiculous. But wow, looking back, it is amazing to see how the Lord has blessed me. And I think about all the ways I almost missed them, because I was trying to make my own plans and do things my own way. God really has a funny way of doing things - sometimes they really are funny (the laugh out loud kind) and other times they're funny in the sense that they make me think "I never would have suspected that or done it that way".
So anyways, I have so much to catch up on, but I'll just talk about my Christmas break that just ended today :( I was SO not ready to go back to work, and I'm really not ready for kids tomorrow. Basically, I worked the entire break on my house, and it paid off in the end because I'm in!! Not only did I work, but my entire family worked also, for which I will be eternally thankful - it definitely would not have happened without each of them. Of course, none of this happened without a few setbacks... my grandmother was in the hospital for the entire week of Christmas, which put a damper on our traditions and activities. However, I feel like we made the most of it, and came to realize that it's not about traditions - it's just a day on the calendar that world uses as a holiday, when in fact, it is so much more than that. It is a day to celebrate the fact that Lord sent His Son so many years ago as a gift for us. That can be celebrated anywhere. I was able to spend time with some friends and talk with friends over the break that normally wouldn't happen simply because of time - so I'm thankful for all of those conversations and time together. My house is still a work in progress for the time being, but I am hoping by the end of next weekend, I will have everything in order and I can post some before and after pictures. But for now, this post will have to do as an update... until next time...

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Now Allison, I know that you do not have any "annoying people" in your life and would never expect you to have anything to complain or vent about.