Sunday, January 18, 2009

Girlfriends...

First off, everyone knows I live for the weekend, but I just have to say that I LOVE three day weekends!! I haven't done much this time, because I was enjoying being lazy, but tonight, I was able to go out for some fun. Kaitlin, Sarah, Audrey, and I went to dinner at TGI Friday's and then Kaitlin, Sarah, and I continued our night of fun seeing the movie Bride Wars. I understand this movie got terrible ratings, but let's face it: romantic comedies always get bad ratings - and I always LOVE them! Haha. It was great, and while there were a few times I started to tear up, I almost laughed through the entire thing. I highly recommend it. My favorite part of the night (aside from some interesting conversation between dinner and the movie) was singing with Celine in the car. Kaitlin was lucky enough to go to her concert last night, and as she said, she was "still on a high" from it, so she burned a CD of Celine songs and brought it along. It was great. We knew every word and sang right along. I love that God granted us friends here on earth that we can enjoy these crazy times we live in. I truly believe that life would be different without friends. And honestly, what would I do without my girlfriends? Auburn would have been a totally different experience without the freshman girls Bible study at Toma's and the girlfriends I gained from that. My relationship with the Lord would be totally different without the girlfriends I gained from the college ministry at Lakeview. And, I surely would have hated "school" without my Cohort C girls. At the same time, I don't think I would have made it TO college without the help of my girlfriends from high school. Whew, thinking about all of my girlfriends is bringing back SO many memories!! So to all of my girlfriends out there - past and present - I am thankful for you and the times you have helped me through, provided for me, and just been there. I love you!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

You've been tagged. See my blog for details.