Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life comes at you fast...

I am a person that LOVES to be busy - in fact, if I have time to watch TV, I feel like I'm forgetting something that I'm supposed to be doing or somewhere that I'm supposed to be. I feel like I'm missing out on life... that's not to say I don't enjoy watching TV, but I also like to use the time I have to LIVE. I'll admit that I am a bit of a complainer and I often complain that there are just not enough hours in a day, but that's because there are some hours in a day that are used up by stupid things, and that's just annoying. For example, it shouldn't take me long to drive somewhere, but on average, I spend an hour in my car everyday. Yes, I realize that I have it MUCH better than most people out there - even most people I know. But, I still don't get to do everything that I want to do in a day because there are too many things that I HAVE to do in a day. Another example - eating. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE food and I love eating it, but it takes up time!! So I've decided the country that talks about sleeping when I die is a new favorite and is going to be my theme song. Honestly, I do better with less sleep than I do with more sleep. I got almost 8 hours of sleep between Tuesday morning and Wednesday morning (thanks to being emotionally disraught and laying in bed for a few hours Tuesday evening) and I was more tired Wednesday than I was on Tuesday after staying up until 11:30 Monday night! I really don't understand, but I'll take it as God's answer to my shout-out for more hours in a day. Haha, I'm sure that's not really from Him, because sleep will help my body to rest, but there will be time for that later. For now, I'm going to live life and do the things I want to do!

And now, going back to the emotionally distraught thing... This has been a long week, and thank you Jesus, it is almost over. Of course, then we start all over again, but maybe it will be better. Sunday morning a wonderful, influential, and genuine man from Marietta First Baptist passed away, and it was devastating. Since I've lived in a bubble that consists of my Kindergarten class and my color guard since July 21, I really didn't even know he'd been ill until a few weeks ago. Cancer took over his body and it just couldn't find it. Thankfully, those of us here on earth rest in the peace that comes from knowing that Mr. Jim Newsome is now healed and sitting in the presence of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It's funny, because I used to think Mr. Newsome was the scariest man in our church (is scariest even a word?!). But, then I worked at our church and had to call on him all the time while a particular staff member that I was working for was out of town for several weeks. I know he probably thought I was the dumbest girl working at the church and he probably wondered why I was left "in charge" of certain things... like showing this man about our fire sprinkler system. I didn't even know if we had one since parts of the building are so old!! So, I called up Mr. Newsome, told him what was going on, and I could hear him smile and say, "I'll be right there." This happened NUMEROUS times over that three week time period, but he never seemed bothered. And the way he made me feel was great - while I'm sure he thought I was crazy, he never told me that or let me feel that he felt that way! ;) So, he turned out to be one of the nicest men at MFBC. In fact, someone had a nickname for him - "Papa Bear" and reflecting back, I think that name is quite fitting for Mr. Newsome!

The other thing that is distressing to me is the fact that people don't do their jobs and they get away with it! I can't go into much detail because things are still being worked out, but I just hope that should I ever go into administration that I would do my best to treat students fairly. I realize there are things that become difficult and you definitely want the people that work under you to feel supported, but there are limits. Did I go into my profession for the people I work WITH or the students I work FOR? I wish more people would ask themselves this question!! And that's all I'm going to say about that because I would like to keep my job, because contrary to the things I say a lot of times, I really do enjoy it and like it.

So, now that I've used up a lot of that time I talked about, it's time for me to get some sleep. Tomorrow will be a long day with school and our first home football game - I'm SURE there will be a story to tell! Get ready...

No comments: