Tuesday, September 23, 2008

GBC=OOC

So my sister worked at a camp this summer and she learned in her rushed training that she couldn't call those campers that had issues and caused problems "problem campers". Instead, she had to call them "GBC"s... for Great Big Challenges. I love it, and I've adopted it to use. I have a Kindergarten student that is a major GBC and he is OOC=Out Of Control. In fact, I have a bruise on my leg from when he elbowed me on Friday because I was having to restrain him. He was trying to run all over my room and 'hide', which is nearly next to impossible within my classroom - thanks to him. I used to have some cute "reading nooks" but he took advantage of them, so they were gone after the first 2-3 weeks of school. So, anyways, my GBC is OOC and I'm so frustrated. I thought I could wait for the testing with the psychiatrist, but I'm not so sure anymore. Thankfully, it's less than a week away now, and I do have a plan in place and supports at school. MAYBE I'll make it through with this GBC.
I just need to get this off my chest... There is nothing I hate more than being taken advantage of and being lied to. "Well, I feel the same way" is what you may be saying, but I just have to vent. I have allowed too many people to totally take advantage of me, and yes, it probably is my fault, but I sure thought they would eventually get it. However, here we are - 2 months into this, and they are still just expecting me to take care of everything for them. ANNOYING! And yes, I'm fairly certain everyone hates being lied to, but UGH! I can't decide if I like the fact that someone has flat out lied to me (and been incredibly rude about it) or if I would rather this person have lied about things behind my back, and found out later. All I know is that this is crap and I shouldn't have to accept it. Unfortunately, I do have to at the moment, but we'll see what comes to light on Monday.
The Lord is quite obviously teaching me patience right now. And quite obviously, I'm failing miserably at learning, but I know that I am growing as a result. God is faithful, and I know that He will take care of these things. While I know this, I have still allowed things to stack up in my head and in my heart, and it is starting to get to me. I am not sleeping well, and I can't stay focused on anything. My mind is all over the place all the time. I am hoping that with lots of prayer and a determined effort to get to bed earlier, things will start to turn around. And maybe just time is all I need for these other issues to settle down. And of course, as always, only time will tell!

No comments: