As I'm sitting listening to my iTunes, this hymn begins to play. I am reminded how much I love hymns in general, and specifically, this one. The words are just so meaningful... reminding me how God created everything, is there in everything, and how He sacrificed so much for me. Who am I to deserve that? I am a sinner and don't deserve what the Lord has given me, yet He has blessed me with so much! Not only did He create the earth, but He created everything in it. Why wouldn't I praise Him for the works His hands have made? Words cannot adequately express how grateful I am for the things He has done and especially for the life He has given me. I pray that I am given many more opportunities to share His goodness with those around me and others.
I can't believe the weekend is a day away from being over... I have so much to do! Of course, I'm asking myself why I'm taking the time to blog, but I do have a reputation of procrastination that I have to live up to, so I'm doing what I do best! Last night I went to the MHS football game (as I will do every week), and honestly, I can't even tell you what the score was. I'm not much of a sports fanatic - I can enjoy them, but if there are people there to talk to and laughs to be shared, I'm much more into that. So, I involved myself in being social with the band directors. It is so nice to work with people that can have a good time and laugh about the same things that I can, and I don't think we'd have anything in common if it weren't for our jobs as the marching band staff. But that alone gives us enough to discuss! And I am grateful for the fact that I can invest in something I loved so much myself in high school. I really look forward to guard practices when I get a chance to form relationships with these high school girls who are thirsting for acceptance and love. We have a special bond from all the time that we spend together, and I am grateful for the opportunity to "give back". It has been neat to be a part of the band organization again in a different position.
Today, we had a guard practice all day. I feel as though it was incredibly productive, and while I had hoped for more, I am pleased. I am thankful for the effort and work that my girls put in for the long day. I hope that it will pay off for them and we will all see great results when it comes down to it. I came home exhausted and crashed on the couch while trying to watch the Auburn game. Once again, you can see how I'm not a sports fanatic - I had NO problems falling right to sleep while there was a football game on the TV.
Tomorrow after church, I desperately need to work on stuff for my "real job" - being a Kindergarten teacher! This next week, I have parent-teacher conferences Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. While it makes for a long week, it is nice to be able to establish those relationships with the parents of my students. I am eager to meet some parents, because it could quite possibly tell me a lot about my students! I have lots to get ready for those in addition to planning out the days that we get out of school early which requires me to completely redo my schedule that I have finally fallen into five weeks after school started. So that will be bucketloads of fun, I'm sure. ;)
I am looking forward to this next week, because on Thursday night, I have Bible study!! Sarah and I finally got this group of girls together with Mrs. Lynn and we are going to do a Beth Moore book. We met once already to talk about logistics and such, but this week is our first week to meet about the things we learn from the book. I am really excited about it. While I know the other girls, I am excited about the spiritual connections we will be making and the growth that we will make together as a result. I pray that we will form a bond instantly and learn and grow in the Lord so that we can build one another up in His name.
Anyways, my eyes are starting to flutter on me again, so I am going to give in... until next time, I will leave you with the words of my favorite hymn to ponder...
How Great Thou Art
O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment