Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer

Okay friends, I have majorly failed at this whole blog thing. I always think of posts I want to write and I imagine the whole thing in my head, but of course, I'm not around a computer at that time or I don't have the time. It really stinks and makes me look like a terrible blogger. Oh well... all I can do is apologize and tell you that I'm just living my life!! This summer has flown by. In fact, I'm somewhat in denial that I go back to school in two and a half weeks. UGH. But, then again, I got all of my major projects done at my house. Very exciting!! It has been a good summer though. I spent my first week off doing some extra school work. We have new standards rolling out, and our system asked for some teachers to help with organizing and such. So I took the opportunity to make a little extra money and get ahead of the game. In the meantime, my grandfather was getting really ill. In fact, he went from walking to using a cane to requiring a walker to being completely bedridden in a matter of days. I spent a lot of time trying to help my mom and aunt in making sure that someone was always at my grandparents' house in case they needed us. I worked on school work, read, and talked with my grandmother. After a few weeks, he gave up and passed away on June 24. Lots of family came into town and we ate LOTS and LOTS of food. We had a good time celebrating his life and spending time together. A family friend, Fiona, and her two kids, Jack and Grace, came to visit from New Zealand for a few days. We took them on a whirlwind trip around Atlanta. After eating lunch at my aunt's house, we went to Stone Mountain to see the Laser Show. I have to say that was really more impressive when I was little. Don't get me wrong - it was fun, but they've added some strange things to it. The next day, we went to the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coke. We ate dinner at LaParrilla since Jack said he loved mexican food. My cousin, Russ and his wife, Katie, had a baby girl, Lena, and we went to visit them in the hospital the next day before eating lunch at Chili's - Fiona's favorite from her days of living here 20+ years ago. Then, they were off to LA before heading home. They had already been to London and Paris and by the time they got home, they had literally flown around the world and flown for 54 hours!! Craziness, but fun times! We are now at the beach with my family, and having a great time. It is so nice to not have anything to worry about and be able to spend my time doing whatever I want! The weather has been great and we have enough food to feed an army, so we are all good to go!!! I know I owe you several wedding posts, but I couldn't get my pics to upload right now. I also have to take pics of my bedroom/bathroom project that I completed this summer, as well as a few other home projects, and I will do a post about all of that. Maybe with the new school year, I will make some new year's resolutions... then again, why would I set myself up to fail? We'll see what happens when the time comes!! For now, I will enjoy the sun and time with my family!!!

No comments: