Monday, June 6, 2011

Graduation Galore

Lots has been happening in this house!!! Bryan graduated at the beginning of May, then I watched my last Kindergarten class (for now) graduate to first grade at the end of May, and then H graduated from high school a day later!!
I am waiting on pictures from my sister for H's big day, but for now, here are some of Bryan's big day...




As you can see, his parents, his brother, his grandmother, my mom, H, and I were all present for the ceremony. We went to lunch afterwards and my dad joined us at Macaroni Grill. After everyone went home and back to work, Bryan, H, and I all came home and took a nap - we were exhausted! Then we went out to dinner for pizza and trivia with a bunch of Bryan's friends later that night. It was a great day and I am very proud of Bryan and his accomplishments. He is currently staying busy looking for a job! If anybody out there has any PR/communications leads, please let us know.

More pictures to come of H and her big day as soon as I get them from Kristen!!

On another note, we are enjoying summer, but have still managed to stay busy. H is working part-time at a daycare down the road to earn some money for college. I decided to deep-clean my classroom this year while in the process of moving kindergarten supplies out and moving first grade supplies in. If I hadn't gotten sick in the middle of it all (sinus infection), I would probably already be finished. But no such luck - I am still spending some time everyday in my classroom! Of course, I've told several people that I will probably be up there more than usual anyways because I am freaking out about teaching first grade. I know there will be lots of things that are easier (i.e. kids should know how to sit on the rug, how to at least pretend how to read a book, and how to walk to the bathroom by themselves) but there are also lots of things that won't be easier (i.e. I don't have lesson plans already; therefore, I don't even know what to do on the first day of school)! Haha, but I still intend on relaxing this summer. My mom and I are busy making lists of things to do for the wedding. I am hoping to have everything knocked out when school starts so that I don't have to worry about anything. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that works out for us! Hope everyone is staying cool in this ridiculous weather!!

1 comment:

The Taffs said...

I didn't know you were moving to first grade! Are you looping with your class? I'll still be in third. I love third grade.

Hoping to get to see you this summer...MISS YOU!