Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 11: A Day to Remember

...for us anyway. It won't be important to anyone else. And after a few weeks, we probably won't actually remember it either, but I definitely don't want to forget it - WAY too much happened today!!
First of all, let me back up and tell you that I seriously thought I was dying yesterday. I've been sick for a week straight with what I thought was a sinus infection. After a few days of meds for that, I wasn't feeling any better, and things actually got worse - my throat was swollen on one side which was affecting my ear, and it almost killed me to swallow. I called my doctor mid-week to say I wasn't feeling better and ask what I should do. They told me that it was probably viral and needed to run its course, so I didn't need to come in. So after a few sleepless nights and not being able to eat leading to no energy, I decided to go see a "doc in the box" and see what they said. I signed in and walked in and the lovely nurse practitioner told me that she could take my money, but just from the way I was talking she could tell everything in my throat was swollen and I needed a steroid shot. They, of course, couldn't give me that, so I called my doctor and got an appointment for yesterday afternoon. I got everything I needed while I was there... including THREE shots in my hips AT THE SAME TIME and prescriptions for oral steroids, an antibiotic, and a pain reliever. I wish I could say I felt better instantly, but no, it doesn't work that way. It wasn't until later last night, but I felt so much better - I felt like me again.
So all week, I really wanted to feel better for one reason - Brittany was coming to Six Flags today and invited me to come. And I wanted to go!!! So by Thursday I had pretty much told myself that Bryan and I wouldn't be going to Six Flags today to see her and I was going to have to come to terms with that. However, I was really struggling because I haven't seen Brittany since December, and even then, it wasn't for very long. And I just miss her!! But after the miracle drugs started working, I woke up feeling even better this morning, so I decided that we could go.
We get to Six Flags and are walking to the park entrance when we notice that there are LOTS of people walking OUT of the park. It has obviously rained and people are soaking wet. None of the rides were running, and when I called Brittany, they were just waiting in line for the ride to start running, but weren't being told when that would happen. So we wait until we see the rides running (with people) and go in. We road the Goliath, Bryan and some of the other guys rode The Ninja, and then we waited in line for the Superman. On the first upside down loop, Bryan's nose starts bleeding... so he's holding his nose and I still feel blood spewing on me, so I put my hand over to help cover it up. Then, we get to the end and are waiting in the flying position longer than normal. We tell Bryan to let go of his nose to just let it out - it seriously looked like someone turned on a faucet!! We finally pull up to get off, and the worker starts going crazy. Brittany asked for paper towels when we got off, and someone else came and asked if Bryan needed medical attention - we say yes. Then someone else comes to tell us that we can't leave or they'll get fired. We all look at each other saying that we're not leaving because we're waiting for medical attention - and paper towels!! So a few minutes later, somebody else comes up to ask if we need medical attention. You mean you haven't called yet?! Keep in mind - Bryan's nose is STILL bleeding while we're standing here for all this time - which ends up being a total of about 25 minutes. The ride is SHUT DOWN while they clean it up - but since they still never brought us paper towels, you can only imagine how long it took them to get the cleaning supplies and do the actual cleaning! The medic, Bobby, finally comes and after a series of more events, he takes us to the back and we get on a golf cart to head to the first aid building. Brittany and I were so excited - we saw the back side of the park and talked about how interesting it was. And of course, I took pictures! At one point, we headed up a hill, and the cart can't make it. So Bobby tells me and Brittany that we need to get off, and it still wouldn't go, so the two boys are in the front and the two girls are pushing the cart!!! I only wish I could have taken a picture of this!!! We get to first aid and Bryan (and I) get cleaned up and we are on our way to meet up with the rest of the group. So after another weather closing and some technical difficulties, we rode the Dare Devil and the Mindbender and then headed out of the park. We say our good-byes and are at the car... Bryan can't find the keys and then realizes that he also doesn't have his phone. :( So we walk back into the park to check Lost and Found, and we walked back to the Dare Devil and Mindbender to ask about them. Thankfully, my mom saved the day and brought us a spare key - we went to eat dinner and finally arrived home. We are hopeful that Six Flags will call us tomorrow to tell us that they have my car keys and Bryan's phone. And we are thankful that he has his wallet and my phone AND that he is okay! All those pictures I told you about... they're on his phone, SO if we get it back, I will definitely share them with you!

1 comment:

TurlScott said...

LOL - that's what happens ay time you hang around with anyone associated with the Wrights! But then you would know this after 4 years of life on the edge in Auburn... glad you are well!