As I'm sure you can tell by the title and the fact that my life is always like this, things have been crazy for me! Summer is long gone and school is definitely back in session. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was laughing with my Auburn friends in my den! So much has happened since then though...
H and I went to the beach with the fam in July. We only got to stay for a week, which was a bummer, and even more so when it rained for the first three days we were there! But we had a good time and celebrated H's birthday while we were there. We had to come home early for ALLIANCE and Band Camp. The madness of all of that ensued and thank goodness it is all over! It was rough to work at 2 Band Camps and get my classroom ready for school to start. I'm still not really sure how I got through all of that. But here we are five and a half weeks into school so I guess I'm a survivor! Haha. What a mess!
So yes, school... umm, let's just say that I am sitting at home today with nothing to do and enjoying it greatly. I have a rough class this year with 3-4 boys in particular. I am hoping that a meeting I have later this week will benefit me and my kids - saying my prayers! I'm really not sure why they keep raising the bar for education but I have 20 students in my class and a half-time parapro. It really is insane that they expect these kids to come out of Kindergarten doing things I did as a first/second grader. Why can't we let kids be kids?! I just don't understand. But I will do the best I can with what I have - that's all I can do - it will have to be enough!
ALLIANCE... I don't think it has hit me yet that I had my last performance ever. I am glad it is over because it was so time-consuming at the end, but I do have to say that I really did enjoy it. I forgot how much I loved performing until I was doing it again. I have more great memories associated with guard now and am grateful I found that opportunity.
And speaking of guard... it is still a big part of my life. I have backed away from my responsibility at MHS. I still have some connections there, but I am not as involved. It has been a relief, although I do miss the friends I worked with there. They always had a way of making me laugh and we all got along so well. I really do miss spending Friday nights with them. But instead, I am across town with SHS. And I have to say, I love it there too. Of course, Nicole and I get along great and always have a good time at practice and games. We get along well with the other staff as well. I have had a lot of fun getting to know those guard girls and working with them. It has been a lot less stressful as well because my schedule doesn't seem as chaotic.
H is doing well in her senior year. She is healthy and enjoying life. I keep reminding her that she will miss these high school days when they are over because she is eager for graduation. For now, her future plans are uncertain, but I know that God has a plan for her life. That plan will be revealed when the time has come, so until then, we are trying to make smart decisions for her life. I am still shocked that I was chosen to be blessed by her. Her presence in my life has been one that I will be forever grateful. She has taught me so much and I am thankful that our paths crossed. I love her more than she will ever know.
In other news... I have another special someone in my life. ;) We have been dating for a little over a month now and he is great. As crazy as my life is, he understands and knows to jump in where he can. Surprisingly, we spend a great deal of time together. We will see where this path leads...
So as I sit here thinking about what my kids are doing at school right now, I am thankful for the chance to take a day off. Plans for the day include lounging around the house, reading, and shopping!! Hopefully more to come sooner than later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Everyone needs mental health days sometimes!
Can't wait to hear more about your special someone - I'm happy for you!
Miss you, hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment