Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Days

Yes, I realize it's been a while, but really, life has been going non-stop!! I finally got a break this week when the temperatures and the snow started falling on Sunday night.... by Monday afternoon, we had almost 7" of snow covering our city. Of course, we are ill-equipped to handle these conditions on our roadways, so we have been out of school all week, and will still be out tomorrow. I am not going to lie - it has been great!! I have loved every minute of it. Here's what I have done... with pictures to follow soon...
Sunday: H and I were hanging out at Mom and Dad's when we decided to play a game, but we looked outside and decided we should just run home and get stuff to spend the night. Bryan came over too and we played Auburn UNO for a while before going to bed.
Monday: I slept until 8:15 and ate breakfast with my family. In the early afternoon we decided to bundle up in ski gear and go play in the snow. It was awesome. H, Andrew, Kristen, Bryan, and I went sledding down almost every hill in the neighborhood, threw tons of snowballs, tried to make snow angels (there was a layer of ice on top of the soft snow which made this kinda difficult), ate snow, and slipped all over the place. We came home and ate lunch before deciding to drive up to the high school to go sledding on those hills. That was fun too, but we waited too late so we could only take a few turns before we had to get home before the roads froze again. We watched the Auburn Tigers play and WIN the National Championship game which meant a late night for us, but we all stayed up since we knew we wouldn't have school the next day. We all went to bed very happy.
Tuesday: I slept until 9:30 (!) and pretty much laid on the couch doing nothing all morning long. Late afternoon we decided to go back up to the high school to sled some more. We were disappointed that more people had the same idea, but we still found some fun paths to sled down. We made a stop at Kroger for milk, but they only had Skim Milk - and aren't expecting more until Friday!! I fell asleep watching TV with Bryan.
Wednesday: I slept in again and laid on the couch some more. I had a doctor's appointment so I actually got dressed in real clothes today and ventured outside of the neighborhood. I knew we wouldn't have school again tomorrow because the roads are terrible. Even the busy roads had lots of icy spots on them, and I can't imagine putting kids on a school bus on them in that condition. I won't be surprised if we don't have school again on Friday. This weather is crazy!!!
I have enjoyed being with my family and Bryan this week with no obligations. Sure, we are a little sick of each other at this point but we've all found something to do on our own to get away from everybody. It's been very relaxing and I honestly haven't thought about school much. I did bring school work home that I did bring over to mom and dad's to work on too, but I haven't touched it. I am planning on going to my house tomorrow to work on my pink room - it looks like a bomb went off in there since Christmas exploded in the room. Haha, I have wrapping paper and such to find a place for, and I have plans to rearrange the room. Since I will probably have a helper (thanks Bryan!) I think I can get it done in a few hours.
But for now, I am just enjoying the unexpected break this snow has brought to me. I will be ready to get back to work, but this has forced me to stop, relax, and enjoy some downtime. Hopefully I will get some pictures posted from our fun in the snow soon!!!

No comments: