Sunday, June 27, 2010

Blazing Heat

Well, summer is here! And sadly, it is almost over. But I have thoroughly enjoyed it and will continue to do so in the coming days, for sure! I have stayed busy (as usual) and had lots of fun too.
My Auburn friends - Ashley, Rebecca (and Eli), and Brittany and Lily - came to visit for a few days in June. While we didn't really do a lot, we had fun just hanging out and spending time together. However, we definitely missed Jessica being around!
Since then, H and I have been busy with ALLIANCE rehearsals and we already had a show too! I have realized how old my body really is by doing this, however, I have also discovered that I am in pretty good shape. I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself for still being able to participate in an activity of this caliber at my age. I am out there with mostly high schoolers and am able to keep up - impressive! Haha.
My grandparents live in a house that is really too big for two people, but my grandfather doesn't want to clean out the basement and my grandmother won't move until it's cleaned. BIG PROBLEM. But, no worries, I talked my grandmother into allowing me, H, Andrew, and our cousin, Michele to clean it out this summer for some extra money. It has been a big job, but not nearly as big as I thought it would be. Everyone kept saying it would take us the whole summer. Well, we just got the dumpster last week and it is already full and ready to be hauled off AND on top of that, all the trash/junk is out of the basement! No, we're not finished by any means, but I have to say that I'm proud of how we worked. We have piles of things... metal recycling, oil/transmission fluid/paints, tires, electronics recycling, paper recycling, and stuff to be sold on ebay or craig's list. After we get the recycling stuff out, I will feel VERY good about what we've done and be okay with stopping. I am still in shock at some of the stuff we found down there!
So I have one week left here at home before we head to the beach... so excited. And it is going to be a busy week indeed! Monday = lake with the fam, Tuesday = tutoring, cleaning house, lunch with Sarah, and grocery shopping for... Wednesday = H's senior pictures, Bible study + dinner, Thursday = tutoring and packing, and Friday = packing, lunch/dinner with Jack and Terri Leigh!!!!!!, parade practice at MHS... will be VERY glad on Saturday evening when I finally arrive in FLORIDA!!!! Hope you are all enjoying your summer as much as I am. I will try to post more often in the coming days...

No comments: