I cannot believe April starts tomorrow! I am certainly not complaining, because I am so looking forward to spring weather and more time on my hands, but man, time flies!!!
Winterguard season ended this past weekend. I am so proud of my SHS kids - second season out this year. Last year, they won their class, and this year they moved up a class and came in third!!! It was an interesting season. I learned a lot and really did enjoy my time with them. I am excited about the future with them.
I have heard lots of sad news this month... a young man who is very involved with YoungLife in Rome, GA died over the weekend of cancer. A high school senior who is headed to Samford to play football in the fall was diagnosed with cancer. The girl I listen to on the radio in the mornings was diagnosed with breast cancer. Life has a way of running its course - it keeps going, even if you're not ready to go. It's crazy actually. Even if we want to stop, other things will continue to go. I also heard lots of happy news this month... a teacher at my school welcomed her first baby into her life. One of my best friends from Auburn is pregnant with her first child. There are diabetic alert dogs out in this world that are incredibly effective at helping diabetics manage their life. Once again, life has a way of running its course. There are things that happen expectedly and unexpectedly, and while we don't always want to deal with them, we don't really have a choice. Thankfully, I know Jesus and He helps me know that I can handle anything that life throws at me. I am just thankful that He is an ever-present help in times of trouble. I really don't know where I would be without the Lord. If you don't know Him, you're missing out - simple as that. So I am praising Him for the wonderful things that have happened this month, and I am praying for those people who are being dealt a hard hand in life right now. I am praying that their friends and family will surround them during these difficult times. I pray that He would surround them with His loving arms and give them a peace. I hope that He will give them the grace to get through this time. And I pray that in the end, they are stronger for this rough spot and that they grow from this experience. Funny how as I pray these things, I realize that they can also be prayed for those who are experiencing an exciting and new time in their life. Isn't it strange that life has these ups and downs, but we still have similar requests in both situations?
So yes, long story short, I have discovered a family here in my city that is in search of a diabetic alert dog for their dad. Most of you know that H was diagnosed with type I diabetes back in December. We have been on quite the adventure the last three months. Thankfully, we have not had anything traumatic happen, and we have done a good job at managing her glucose levels. I feel like we almost speak a different language sometimes, but we have learned so much. By no means am I an expert, but it is so funny to me how much more knowledge I have about food and the way our body works. I've never thought about what I'm eating as much as I do now (and maybe that time Brittany and I tried a no-carb diet in college... BAD idea!!!) and what it means for my body. And I've DEFINITELY never thought it for someone else. It is amazing to me how much my mind wanders to H and her body, even when I'm not with her. I think the worst at times and I think the best at times, of course, I always HOPE for the best. I have had nightmares, horrible thoughts, and almost scared myself into a panic over fear. It is strange really. Is this what parenting is like? Obviously I have never had a child of my own, but I can definitely say that I love H like she is my own. We joke about it, but it's almost like with every joking comment, my love for her grows deeper and deeper. I only hope that means as much to her as it does to me. I am so proud of her and the way she has handled this life-changing diagnosis. She has been handed a lot of bad lemons in this life, but she has used them to make lemonade and in my life, she has used them to add some extra zest to my life. The way our lives have been woven together continues to amaze me, and I thank God everyday that our paths crossed when they did. It has been six months since she moved in, and what an amazing time it has been. Some people have asked me if I feel differently about my decision to have her live with me or if I would do it again after seeing how things have played out and I just want to say, "In a heartbeat, I would do it 10,000 times again!!!" She has been such a huge blessing to me and in my life. Who knows why this happened to either of us, but I know there is a reason, and I am excited to see the outcome, because God has some pretty amazing things ahead if the past is any indication.
Very random post, but I've been thinking about these things for a while now and needed to get them off my chest... thanks for listening. I am counting down the days to spring break... 2!!!! and the days to summer... 30 (after spring break)!!! Very excited. Spring break = Huntsville = Brittany and Lily (and Brent!)!!!! Summer = no work!!! (although I have acquired a summer job for H and I at my grandparents' house as well as a tutoring job)
HAPPY SPRING!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love you! Get to see you SO soon :)
Post a Comment