Oh, my friends. My eyes have been opened to life and all that it encompasses. Have you ever thought about all the things we see, do, hear, say, smell, and touch in our lifetime? Life is short - some shorter than others, but short nonetheless - Psalm 39:5 says "You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath..." And how true that is! We need to make the most of the short time we have here on earth.
I have not been very patient with my class this year, and I came to the realization that I make such a big impression on them. Sure, one year out of their life isn't that much time. But, think about the kids who develop cancer and don't live past 12, or the kids who are tragically killed in a car accident at 16, or God forbid, anything else that happens. Now, I don't wish that on any one of my kids - nor anyone else for that matter - but one year of a life that is that short isn't very long. These five-year-olds I have in my classroom everyday are so impressionable, and I need to take this opportunity that has been granted to me and make the most of it. I need to show them love and joy. I need to share kindness with them. The bottom line is I need to be more patient with them. I know it will be a struggle with them, but I only have 45 more days with them. My goal is to be better about this. I only hope that it will also create a change in my kids over the next 3 months, because something needs to change before we all go crazy!
At the same time, I need to be better about the ways I spend my time in the rest of my life. I have been given a wonderful opportunity to invent my time in a precious teenager, and she needs to see that life is meant to be lived to the fullest. I only hope that I can show her how to enjoy life and make the most of the circumstances that surround us. I want her to see and feel love. I want her to see patience, joy, and kindness - and so much more. I hope that this girl the Lord has entrusted to me for this time will be changed for the time she spends with me.
In the end, I hope that I can make this change in my life and come to enjoy life a little more myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment