Thursday, April 2, 2009
Our Great God
I am amazed tonight at the power of the Holy Spirit. Three years ago on March 18, a precious godly man, HT Ford, was taken home to be with the Lord. He was the father of Toma Knight - "my Auburn mom" and spiritual mentor. Ever since that day, I have remembered the date (for the most part) and told myself that I want to always send Toma and Becky a message of some sort to let them know that I am thinking of them on that day. Well... last night as I was getting ready for bed, I realized that it was April 1st which meant March was over and I had missed the date. I wrestled with myself over whether it was March 18 or March 19, but had already turned my computer off for the night. So, this morning it was still bothering me that I couldn't quite remember the date, so I tried to look it up online when I got to work. I couldn't find it right away and had some things to do to get ready for my kiddies, so I gave up. Then, I tried again after school. The first result to come up ended up being an obituary for Abigail Ford from the Macon newspaper. I pieced it together and figured out that this 14-year-old granddaughter of HT Ford passed away on Wednesday. I knew that I immediately needed to call Toma and tell her this story. I was so excited when she answered so I could share this with her. It has turned out that Abby has been having health problems for a long time and had made some progress in the past week. The doctor made some changes earlier this week, and unfortunately, they were not to the benefit of Abby's earthly body. However, the Lord is sovereign and had a plan - as he does for each and every one of us. Toma said it has been neat because Abby's dad/Toma's brother, Ty, as well as her husband, Cliff, and brother-in-law, Chris, were given the opportunity to share the love of the Lord with Abby's doctor. She did ask that I continue to pray for Abby's family, especially her mom, Traci. I know that not very many people read this, but I figured even one more person praying than me is great. PLEASE pray for Abby's family - her parents, Ty and Tracie, and her siblings, Grace, Lilly, and Luke as they go throughout the coming days with her celebration service tomorrow and the burial service on Saturday. In addition, pray for the entire Ford family - Mrs. Martha (HT's wife/Toma's mom), Cliff and Toma, Tom and Leigh, Chris and Katie, and all of Abby's cousins. Remember to trust in Him with all your heart... and He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6). So clearly, I forgot March 18 this year so that the Lord could guide me to finding Abby online today so that he could piece this story together today. What an awesome testimony to the power of the Lord - to God be the glory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment