So, as most of you that read this know, I have an incredibly small bladder. It's terrible. I could go all day at school in middle and high school without going to the bathroom - because I was scared I would catch some disease in those bathrooms! (at least until we moved into our new school my junior year and yes, I do realize this means I was extremely dehydrated probably all the time - oh well!) Now, I teach Kindergarten and I can only go to the bathroom when I take my kids to specials or during my lunch break. Thankfully, I have a wonderful parapro that I can trust with my kids and she doesn't mind if I leave for a few minutes to relieve my bladder. So I probably go about three times throughout the school day - only 7.5 hours - and I go immediately after school. And that's a good day!!! As soon as school is out, it seems like my bladder just knows I am no longer restricted, so I have to go all the time. Imagine other days when I don't have school/kids in my room - I literally have to go all the time. Well... here are a few stories over the last few years...
Brittany and I were on our way back from attending a reading conference in Huntsville when we stopped to eat lunch with Phyliss (her mom) on Sunday afternoon. We got started back towards Auburn and decided we wanted to stop and look at the new houses they were building in Chelsea Park. We drove to the back of the neighborhood and walked through the houses that were still being built, so they had no doors and such. On our way out, I decided I needed to go to the bathroom. There really weren't many options on that part of 280. So what was I supposed to do? We noticed that several of the houses that were move-in ready were open to potential buyers to walk through and such, so I came to the conclusion that they had running water. And how convenient that I kept napkins in my car! So, we carried in some napkins to this one house, looked through it, and decided we just had to the use the bathroom in that house. I went first with no problems. And Brittany went after me. As luck would have it, I was standing in the kitchen when the front door opened, and then she flushed the toilet. The man walked in and introduced himself as the builder and wanted to know if I had any questions and so on. As he is in the middle of talking, Brittany walks out of the bathroom. HILARIOUS! We totally made up for it, but I really don't remember how, and it was completely embarassed. Other people have told us that it was terrible, but I would totally do it again if I had to go that bad! HAHA.
Another time I had been out in Opelika for something with Terri Leigh and Jack. I honestly do not remember where we were or what we were doing, but I do remember that we were coming back into Auburn to go to something else. Well, as it turns out, we both had to go to the bathroom, and I guess wherever we were going didn't have bathrooms???! So, we tried to think of places that we could stop and go to the bathroom. I HATE gas station bathrooms so those were out of the question. I think we thought about the fact that Lakeview was open for some reason or another, but would look stupid if we did that. We turned onto Samford Avenue and I said, "I wonder if Mrs. Marcia is home and still awake - we could stop there!" So, I think we drove by her house first to see if there were lights on, and there were so we turned around and came back. I know we scared her to death knocking on her door late that night, but thankfully, she recognized us in the dark and let us in. And she totally understood that we were going to be like those guests who "eat and run" only we weren't eating in this case! HAHA. I sure wish I could remember where we had been and where we were going!
So, if you live in a house in Chelsea Park, I am sorry that your bathroom may have been used once before you moved in, but I do thank you for allowing me to relieve my bladder. You helped me to avoid some serious bladder problems that day I'm sure. At the same time, thank you Mrs. Marcia for answering your door when I'm sure you were worried sick as to why someone was ringing your doorbell late that night. And thank you for understanding that Terri Leigh and I were basically using you for your toilet that night - I definitely appreciate your hospitality! :) To all of you out there, be aware that if you move into a brand new house, the bathroom may have been used before, but don't be offended - just think of it as "paying it forward" in a backwards kind of way. And, if I know you really well, always know that if I see a light on in your house late at night, I see it as a sign that you are awake and available to answer the door to your friend who needs a blessing at that moment. And for everyone out there, please know that my bathroom is always available to those that may be in need. I cannot promise you that it will not overflow, but at least you'll get to relieve your bladder!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment