Sunday, March 15, 2009
New Hobby
I know, it's crazy, because I already have enough unfinished projects laying around, but... I have discovered that I LOVE stamping. I decided to give it a try when we went to Missouri two summers ago and I saw what Dawn had done. She made some pretty incredible things, and she gave me her catalog to look at while I was there. I think I spent the entire week just carrying that catalog around gawking at all the adorable things that stamp creators had thought of! This past fall, I found myself gawking at the 50th wedding anniversary celebration invitations Dawn had made with a stamp. Several of us drove up to Missouri for the party, and I got another catalog. This time it was mine to keep! When my mom asked me for additional things I wanted for Christmas this past year, I just handed her the catalog with my favorite stamps listed! Thankfully, I got several and was so excited. Unfortunately, with all the new house excitement and life in general, I haven't had a chance to do much with them. I decided this week to save myself some money and make thank you cards instead of purchasing them after I ran out last week. So, I made my way to the Rubber Stamp Fantasy on the Square (amazing!) and bought blank cards and envelopes. This afternoon, I went to town. It was the only productive thing I've done all day, and it didn't even take that long! Take a look...
You'll notice that I stuck with the same three or four stamps, but changed the ink colors. Obviously, they're not the greatest things ever made, but I still think they're pretty cute. I cannot wait for other occasions that are coming up that will allow me to make some different cards.
These next ones are my favorites. I kept having to clean off my stamps on a scrap piece of paper, and most of the time, I found that I liked the softened stamp too. So I decided to experiment and try it out. Of course, the orange and blue one is my favorite out of these three...
Now I just have to hope that I don't get too caught up in stamping to forget about my scrapbooking! I am really hoping to just bring stamping into my scrapbooking and then I'll be doing two things that are fun and that I love. I am really hoping to get back into that during my Spring Break because I don't have any major plans - which is fine! My first major project before I can start will be to sort my printed pictures. Maybe I'll plan to get THAT done during Spring Break... one step at a time... one step at a time... I need to keep reminding myself of that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love the stamps! So cute! I want to stamp now. haha! It looks so therauptic (sp?)! You have inspired me now!
Post a Comment