Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The One You've Been Waiting For...

Pictures of My House!

Here is my front steps... Auburn garden flag to greet everyone, as well as the pansies (thanks Ashley!!), and my St. Patrick's Day door hanging. I have made it a goal to have something cute to hang on the door each month. I think I've been successful so far... maybe I could have a "running" blog entry of my door hangings!! Full view of house from across the street...
Close-up of house from the driveway...
My barn a.k.a. my dad's workshop... Yes, I have decided to be a gracious daughter and allow my dad's dreams of having a woodshop come true in my own backyard. Honestly, I have a three bedroom house - what would I need all that space for?! I may be regretting this decision later in life when I have too much junk, but for now, I think it'll be fun!
Haha, my swing - no worries, I haven't tried to sit in it. The plan is to buy a new one and paint it orange and blue (war eagle!)!
Before: Dining Room
After: Dining Room
My sister and I plastered this room in one day! It's called Venetian Plaster and the awesome people at Home Depot will color it for you. Then, you slap it on the wall with a trowel and move it around. You can then burnish it and/or glaze it... I just left it alone and love it!! I plan on getting some new lamp shades for the chandelier.
Before: Living Room
After: Living Room
You can't really tell from this picture, but the wall on the left is striped. My plan was to use a flat paint and a glosst paint to achieve this effect, but again, the awesome Home Depot workers told me to buy a glaze instead and just paint over the original paint. So, Kristen helped me tape it off after my mom and I painted it. We put about 4 layers of glaze to get this subtle effect. The door on the far right is my front door... in case you were wondering.
Another shot of the living room...
I have decided to start collecting crosses, so here are the beginnings of my wall of crosses.
Before: Kitchen
After: Kitchen
Painted by my mom and me...
Before: Kitchen
(this is Richard in the picture... the guy that sold me my new refrigerator AND fixed my cabinets - notice how low they are and then notice the height of the cabinets in the next picture PLUS the new fridge)
After: Kitchen
Before: Kitchen
After: Kitchen
The amazing calendar is compliments of my sister - it was my Christmas present, and I LOVE it! My plan for the kitchen table is to paint it bright colors like the calendar. I'm thinking to do a cool design on the legs of the table and chairs.
Before: Den
After: Den
Painted by my mom, Kristen, Kaitlin, Katie, and me. The curtains look purple in this picture, but they are denim (like the loveseat) and have a yellow and white stripe. Curtains were hung by Brian Johnson - thanks! The quilt on the sofa is my Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt - love it!
Before: Den
After: Den
Before: Laundry Room
(Gotta love the rooster curtains!)
After: Laundry Room
(There was no door on this room before we started - my dad and brother had to dig it out of the barn, and my mom had to paint it.)
Painted by my mom, Kristen - ALL the way around the hot water heater (impressive work!), and me.Before: My Bedroom
After: My Bedroom
Painted by my mom, Mrs. Lewis, Sarah, Katie, Kaitlin, Elise, and me. (The whole thing had to be paint brushed because of the paneling).
Before: My Bedroom
After: My Bedroom
My armoire from college was ruined in storage and is now awaiting repair work in the barn, but it will go where the TV is now. My intention is to get another piece of furniture (like a dresser of some sort) to go under the shelves on the wall.
Before: My Closet
After: My Closet
Painted by Elise and me.
I love elfa shelving - sold at The Container Store - amazing store!
Before: My Bathroom
After: My Bathroom
Painted by me. Before: My Bathroom
After: My Bathroom
Yes, the little sign says "Laugh until you tinkle in your panties." ;) Haha!
Before: Guest Room
After: Guest Room
Painted by Katie, Sarah, Elise, Kaitlin, my mom, and me. Fun night - thanks so much girls!
The furniture was my grandparents' and I had it when I lived with my parents. They graciously allowed me to take it causing them to buy a new bed (oops). The quilt is another one made by my mom. Before: Guest Room
After: Guest Room
Gotta give credit where it's due... my initials were hung by Brian Johnson - thanks again!
Another view of the guest room...
Before: Hall Bathroom
After: Hall Bathroom
Surprisingly... NOT painted!!
Another view of the hall bathroom: "You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you." Song of Solomon 4:7 Another view of the hall bathroom: my monogrammed shower curtain! Before: Craft Room/Office/Guest Room
After: Craft Room/Office/Guest Room
Painted by - haha! - first shade of pink: Elise and me, then I decided I hated it, so I changed the color and it was painted by my mom, Kristen, and me. I am SO excited about this room and the things I hope to get accomplished in it! I am about 5 years behind on my scrapbook now, so I have LOTS of time to catch up on... maybe one day it will happen.
Before: Craft Room/Office/Guest Room
After: Craft Room/Office/Guest Room
Another view of my craft Room/office/guest room...
SO, that's my house! I clearly had LOTS of help to make my Open House happen this past weekend. I never would have this house painted if it had not been for my family and friends that helped - all of you are a blessing to me!
My house obviously needs some work still, but it is coming together really well, and I am fully enjoying it. Yes, there are the joys of homeownership that keep sneaking up on me, but as someone said to me the other day, my life can't be boring - I wouldn't know what to do! So, I'll take it.
I hope you enjoyed these photos, but I promise it's a lot more exciting in person, so PLEASE come visit! If you don't live near Marietta, I've given you proof that I have plenty of room for you to visit, so do it!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allison, I LOVE the house! It's beautiful! I'm so glad I got to see pictures. I really wish I could have made it to the Open House. I have something for you that I'm putting in the mail tomorrow! I do hope I get to see it in person, ASAP! I miss you a ton, I hope things are going well! LOVE YOU!

- Rebecca