Sunday, February 22, 2009

More Joys...

What a whirlwind my life has been the last couple of weeks! I went to Boston last weekend for IB training for school. I'm not really sure I can honestly say I learned a lot, but I was assured about what I have been doing in my own classroom. The girls I traveled with decided that we were going to stay an extra day to do some sightseeing. We went shopping and to the aquarium and more shopping. We did a lot of walking around in the meantime too. We returned home Tuesday night and Wednesday was a Professional Learning Day at work. So I decided to sleep in a little, which then turned into me sleeping in a little too late. Haha! So yeah, I finished blowdrying my hair and was putting my hairdryer away when I noticed water was dripping down the wall. I then discovered that it was coming from the OUTLET!!!! Yikes! I tried to stop the dripping because it has messed up my fresh paint, only to figure out that I can't because I really don't know where it is coming from. My dad advised me to call a roofer to try to find the problem. So, in between the forever-long meetings I had throughout the day, I called one and he met me at my house after work. After going in the attic twice and up on the roof twice, he determined that one of the vent pipes was not sealed properly, so he sealed it up. In the meantime, he also determined that I need a new roof before summer! So there goes some more money that I DON'T have...more YIKES!
And moving on to a REAL joy - and by real, I mean happy... I am in Auburn this weekend, and I just have to say that I LOVE AUBURN!!! I am so sad that I don't have more time in my life to spend here. There are so many people here that have been truly invested in my life and they continue to be a blessing to me even though I have moved from this city. So the time I get to spend with them face to face is even more of a blessing. And, I don't get to see my sister nearly enough, so of course, I always love the time we get to spend together!! The main reason that brought me here was a friend's wedding. Johnny and Amy had a very sweet, precious ceremony. I am excited to see how the Lord is going to use them together to bless others. Another dear friend was also in town for the weekend, and I got to see her at Cliff and Toma's house. It is so hard for me to believe that Emily is a mom! Her son is absolutely adorable and I know that her daughter will be just as precious when she enters the world in a few weeks. And oh, Cliff and Toma's house... so many memories there. It was truly my home away from home when I came to Auburn. I will forever be grateful to the Lord for the Knight family. I do not get to see them NEARLY enough anymore, so I am extremely thankful for the time I get to sit in the kitchen and talk with Toma or sit at the dinner table and talk with everyone (over food, of course!) or just sit and talk with Beck. LOVE THEM ALL. I've also gotten to celebrate a child's first birthday with his family. I cna't believe how much he has grown over the past year! What a precious testament to the love of Christ. I am hoping to spend more time with friends before I have to leave tomorrow, and I KNOW I will eat at my all-time favorite for breakfast... The Barbeque House!!!! I am beyond excited about my bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit and sweet tea. So, more to come on all this... until then, I pray that everyone else out there experiences daily blessings from the Lord and praises HIM.

No comments: