Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekends

I LOVE the weekend. It is so nice to have a break from the everyday norm that comes with weekdays. This weekend was especially nice because I even had a break from the Friday night football game. Thankfully, the rain messed up the band's plans to travel to the game at North Cobb. Since we haven't had a break all season, this was especially nice. I didn't even do anything that exciting! Since Kristen came home, the fam went to eat at LaParilla - with the rest of Marietta it seemed, and then we came home and I fell asleep on the couch around 9pm. It was great! Saturday, the girls went shopping and ran some errands. That night, I went with my parents, aunt and uncle, and my grandmother to The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra's concert. It was surprisingly good and had a hilarious guest conductor. This morning, I slept in and went to church, and have had a quiet afternoon at home catching up on things around the house and with work.
With the end of football season comes the end of marching band season, which brings the end of Color Guard season. While it is kind of sad, I'm grateful for the change of pace. In fact, I love it because when Color Guard is over, Winter Guard season begins, which is why I committed to this job in the first place! Winter Guard is my passion, because it is so much more intimate and fun to me. Not everyone feels this way, but that's ok. I am really hoping that the Winter Guard program at Marietta will make it this year. There is a great deal of interest, and surprisingly, there is a great deal of talent! Haha. Looking back over this fall, it really has been fun. I have laughed at almost every practice with my guard girls, and they have truly come a long way. It was a great first season for me as an instructor. I am grateful for their acceptance and willingness to put up with me. I know I'm not perfect (and I don't even try to be), but I do try to make color guard fun for them while also getting things accomplished. Hopefully, with this season of experience under my belt, I can continue to move the guard program to new heights so that it can be truly successful.
So my house-hunting really picked up a few weeks ago, and I have found a house for myself!!! I am hoping to be able to make an offer on Tuesday, and then things will really start rolling. I have been looking at houses off and on through the internet since I sprained my foot in February. Then, I have been able to visit houses - thanks to my fabulous agent, Katie - and I found the perfect first home. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom ranch house in Marietta. I'll keep you updated as things move along!!
Okay, since this has gone on long enough, I need to go get some more work done. We're busy cleaning our house since I'm hosting Bible study this week, and then Onni, Grace, and Murphy are coming to visit on Wednesday!!! Have a great week!

No comments: