Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pride

I just have to gloat on my guard girls for a minute... they won first place in their class and division at our band competition yesterday. I am SO proud of them and how far they have come. They have really worked hard this year, and I hope that they feel proud of themselves. We've had some hard times, and we've had some fun times, but mostly, I think we've had building and learning times. Everything that has happened this season has happened for a reason - whether it was for me to learn and grow or for them to learn and grow (or somebody else for that matter), and we are better people because of it. These girls I have worked with this season are really incredible girls. Each of them are unique, and have a lot to offer to the world. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with and teach them, spending time with them and getting to know them. They have truly been a blessing to me this year, and I am looking forward to the rest of the season. I am still debating the whole winter guard thing, but I am starting to lean towards having one this year. I think it could really be a good thing for the guard program. Anyways, congratulations girls and way to go!!!

No comments: