He was taking me to lunch before I had to go to a Winter Guard show with Reverie. But he told me that we had to go see something with my mom before we went to eat. I told him he was crazy because she was at church. He said that she was leaving early (which was quite possible) so I believed him, although I was VERY confused. So he parks at the church and we start walking towards the Sanctuary. However, it was time for church to be starting and we were dressed in casual clothes, and I refused to go over there. I didn't want them to think we were going to church dressed like that, nor did I want them to think we were heathens. I was just talking about how I didn't see my mom and she would have to come to us if she was really going to meet us. I was going on and on about nothing. Bryan started to get flustered, and finally said, "Would you just shut up? I'm trying to give you something!" And in his hand, he held this:
and said, "Will you marry me?"
I was SO shocked that it took me a minute to really believe what I was seeing! I asked, "Are you serious?" And just hugged him (while also pulling my foot out of my mouth and picking my jaw up off the ground). He had to ask me again before I actually said, "YES!" So he slipped the ring on my finger and we walked back to the car.
The ring was too big, but the jeweler was open for extended Valentine's Day hours. We decided to take it over there to see about getting it resized. But I would only give it to them if they promised I could have it back that afternoon. What fun is announcing you're engaged if you have no ring to show for it?! Sure enough, they said they could do it, but it would be a few hours, so Bryan and I went to Lenox Mall, ate lunch, called our families, and walked around.
Then, we picked the ring back up and came back to my house. I started calling my friends before we went to eat dinner at my parents' house for Sunday Night Family Dinner. It was a very low-key day and evening and was perfect all around. I am so happy and so very excited about planning my wedding!!
More pictures to come soon... the ring pictures are from my phone and the one of both of us is from my sister (thanks Kay!). ENJOY!!!

3 comments:
Congrats again! Happy to see an updated blog! The ring is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person!
Beautiful! So excited for you guys!!!
LOVE!LOVE!LOVE! :) So excited for you!!!
Post a Comment