If you've ever read my blog before, you know that my college roommate and I had an incredibly unique friendship that continues to this day. Friday night we were catching up after playing several rounds of phone tag, and I was reminded of a story. We were discussing how fast time has been flying this year, and we were naming specific times over the last year that we've been together. For example... New Year's. HAHA. A great time was had by all, which was pretty amazing since I was recovering from dental surgery (gum grafts). The first few days after surgery I simply took my pain medicines and laid on the couch. It was horrible, because I couldn't get up and do anything, but I also didn't have the energy to read or even watch TV. I tried to do all of these things, but usually ended up falling asleep. Needless to say, I was bored after a few days. I was nervous about traveling, but my nurse had assured me that as long as I didn't do anything too crazy, I would be fine. I made it to Huntsville, and it was a low key visit (for the most part). I remember going to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings, and the only thing I could eat was Mac and Cheese off the kids' menu - and they almost wouldn't serve it to me because I was too old! Anyways, we didn't have big plans for New Year's Eve - we were just hanging out, watching football I'm sure, and having fun. I remember Brittany being fairly bored with everything so she was really hyper, and it went downhill from there... Next thing I know we are dying laughing and jumping up and down saying, "Happy two thousand *eight*" When we said eight - we would jump off the ground and make an eight with our bodies by pulling our legs up with our feet together and putting our arms in a circle over our head, which is better explained by the picture below...

This still makes me laugh out loud, which is the case for many memories I have with Brittany from our years of living as roommates. But I realized on that trip that laughter is truly the best medicine. I got back home and while I was feeling significantly better, I wasn't as good as I had been while I had been at B&B's. Even my first day back at work was horrible, and I had a student prepared to get the teacher next door if "Miss H. looks like she's asleep." ;) I can also think back to times that I wasn't feeling too happy, and Britt has always been there to cheer me up by making me laugh. We have LOTS of fun and happy times together that I will forever be grateful for and never forget.
I need to reminisce for a moment...
the time we went to Olive Garden to treat ourselves for going through the art museum for that ridiculous art class...

...I don't even know what we were doing/trying to do in this picture...

...the time we were driving down to Ft. Myers for Spring Break to visit Brent and we got stuck in some major traffic on I-75 - Britt was tired so she took a nap while I watched the road...

...the road got pretty boring because NOTHING was happening/changing, so I decided to play with my M&Ms...

HAHA, great times and happy times! I don't even have pictures for all the fun times we had in the kitchen. There are only stories that we will forever remember, because it was quite the learning process! Obviously, I have some great memories with a great friend, and in this season of thanksgiving, I want to say that I am thankful for Brittany and the friend that she has been to me. I am grateful that the Lord brought us together as friends, and tied our bond so tightly together. Thank you for always knowing exactly what to say and constantly making me laugh. I miss you and I love you!
1 comment:
Allison, do you even know how much I LOVE you! To the moon and back. It's almost like I need another brain to keep up with the thousands of memories. But I guess since we share a brain, it only makes sense that I am already lacking in brain space. I hope we can live together in Heaven. You know it's a good friendship when we can laugh at the drop of a hat at what appears to others to be for no reason, but we definitely know what's going on.
Post a Comment