Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lillian Reese VK

So my best friend, Brittany, had a baby girl... Lillian Reese. She is beautiful! Lily Reese was born on December 28, 2009 at 8:36am. She was 6 pounds, 11 ounces and was 19 inches long. I went to visit B&B and Lily the day after she was born and just loved it.

I'm sorry I don't have any other pictures, but this is a precious post about Lily's first month! I am going to babysit Lily for a week in April while her mommy and daddy go to work, and I am BEYOND excited! I cannot wait to spend a week with Brittany first of all, and then to watch Lily for five days straight makes me so happy!

Just a note for Lily...

Lily,
Since the day I found out you were going to be brought into this world, I have prayed for you. I have no doubt that your Godly parents will bring you up into the world right, but I pray that you would come to knowledge and saving grace of our Heavenly Father at a young age and choose to follow after Him. This world is harsh and can have times that are not fun, but with God on your side, all things are possible. We can get through anything because God is our cheerleader and best friend. He walks with us through life and carries us when we need it. I pray that this will be comforting to you. I pray that you will be a shining light for Him with your life in all that you do.
You are so small now, but the Lord has great plans for you. I am in awe of all that He has done. He formed you and made you, and you are beautiful! I know you will grow into a fun, cute little girl with ponytails and bows. And you will be surrounded by God's love and I pray that you will feel that at all times. You will grow into a smiling, active teenager with lots of friends and boys all around. I pray God will give your dad the courage not to hurt any of those boys! But I also pray that God will use you to bring others to Him. You will continue to grow into a purposeful young woman, and I pray that your purpose in life will be to share about your faith. I pray that God will use you in ways that no one can imagine right now.
I pray for your mommy and daddy - that you will honor them and they will honor you. I know they will bring you up in the training and instruction of the Lord. I pray that they would encourage you in your walk with the Lord when the time comes that you are ready to accept the Lord as your Savior. I pray that they will be given the words to say to you so that you come to know Him sooner than later.
And finally, I pray that you will grasp how wide and how long and how high and how deep is the love of Christ.
May He grasp your heart so powerfully and tenderly that you will know without a doubt that He is knocking to come in!
I love you, Lily!
Your "Aunt Allison"

P.S. I apologize for the lack of pictures... this is all I had and had technical difficulties "borrowing" others' pictures from facebook. But there are lots there if you care to see more of sweet Lillian Reese!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

You are too sweet. LOVE LOVE LOVE the letter. I pray the same...duh :) You are one amazing bff. Love you to the moon and back. Lily and I can NOT wait to see you again! Why do you live so far away from me?