Thursday, August 20, 2009

Called OUT

WOW, too bad it's not Wednesday anymore because I think I could win the WOW Wednesday prize on the local country station with my story about how my BFF totally called me OUT yesterday!!! Ok, not really, but yes, I did reveal to her my disappointment that she had not updated; however, I quickly followed it up with the fact that I have been restraining from saying anything lately because I know that I have not updated in a while either. SO here it goes...

What a ridiculously crazy month July ended up being for me!! I walked in the Marietta 4th of July parade with my guard girls (and Heather). As soon as I was at the end, I got in my car, picked up my brother, and we were off to Sarasota for two weeks - sorta. Talk about a vacation!!! So relaxing. In the middle weekend, I went to Rebecca & Wesley's wedding. I had way too much fun spending time with my Cohort C girls. We definitely rocked it in the minivan and had an awesome time at the reception. In fact, I had an incredibly difficult time walking in the sand the next week because my calves were permanently on fire from dancing so much! I flew home early for practice, and that is when the madness began.
So yes, practice. Not for my guard girls - for ME. I can't say no!! And really, I'm okay with it this time. I became a performing member of Alliance Drum and Bugle Corps back in the spring. It has kicked my butt, but not as much as I thought it would. It's just taken up a LOT of time. I had my first performance a few weeks ago, and wow, I forgot how much I love it. I really do love that feeling while I'm performing and afterwards. I've since had another show in Nashville (which was a trip for the books), and we have another one this weekend in Rockmart. We have Championships in Rochester over Labor Day weekend. Honestly, I don't care how well we do or don't do - I'm just there to perform and have fun. So far, mission accomplished even though I am exhausted ALL the time!!
After that weekend, it was the beginning of Band Camp. I worked at Marietta's, then drove to Sprayberry and helped there. Then, Nicole and I would go to the church gym to choreograph work. And that lasted two weeks. Talk about craziness!!

And, with all of that still going on (as it is now), I started back to my REAL job - teaching Kindergarten! Amazingly, I got my classroom into order and actually had plans for the first few days of school ready ahead of time. I have since met my 18 new students for the year and realized that I have my work cut out for me. Since my life is so crazy right now, I'm not really up for the challenge; however, it IS my job so I am trying to mentally prepare myself. I just keep finding the positive traits of each student and reminding myself of those every second. It is a little crazy in my room these days and I am not the nicest teacher, but I am hoping that it will pay off on down the road. Crossing my fingers!

In the meantime, there is something else going on in my life that has been a big decision for me and will greatly affect my life in the near future. All I ask is that you pray for me that God's will be done in this situation. I am excited about the prospect and know that everything will work out. It's uncertain right now and there are lots of questions, but after I know things are settled, I will share a few more details. It has happened quickly, but I know that I have made the right choice and am doing what God wants, but it is up to Him to work it out!

SO, there's my life since my last post in a nutshell (a big nutshell, that is!). Hope you all enjoyed it!

One more thing... B&B find out on Monday if Poppyseed will be a boy or a girl - this aunt just doesn't even have words to express the excitement!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Taffs said...

YAY - so glad to get caught up on your life!

I had NO idea you were performing again. We went to a high school football game tonight, and I reallllly missed it. Then, I felt like a dork, haha!

You've got me sooo curious about the last part of your post, keep us updated! Praying for you!

Love you and miss you lots!

Brittany said...

Ok we're even now :) And we've both posted, so it pays off when we gripe about each other's blog posts.